YOU GOTTA HAVE FAITH







By: Mark Melnick

With all of the commercialization of the holiday season, I thought I would use my second WHITE ON WHITE Challenge to bring the perspective back in a beautiful, creative way with this amazing Shrine piece.


Difficulty: Intermediate - Advanced

Time Required: 90 minutes + drying time [minimum 24 hours]







Step 1.
Empty half a re-inker bottle of Cotton White STAZ-On Ink into a small container or paint palette. Paint the pieces with a stipple brush so that there are streaks in the ink - Yes, I realize this is an out-of-the-box use of ink but stay with me for the fun. Allow pieces to dry overnight [take this time to create the Copper sculpture piece] 





Step 2.
Take Copper Sheet [I do not use foil, I use 8mm Copper sheeting] and place on mold or in an embossing folder. I used a mold and created the shrine piece using a paper stump [you can create your shrine piece using whatever interests you.] I decided to use the Cross section of the mold. I allowed it to verdigris using Verday Patina Spray and setting it outside for a day or two. 











Step 3.
Take Shrine pieces that are now completely dry [very important] and cover with Delicata White Shimmer Ink using a Sponge Dauber. On the circular edge design, ‘paint’ with the brush tip of a VersaMarker.. Cover these circles with White EMBOSS Embossing Powder. Heat until the powder melts and the paint bubbles a bit for great texture. Assemble pieces. Take your Copper piece and place on back panel of Shrine. Put a small hanging bracket onto the very back piece, as well.





























Step 4.
Emboss FAITH in Verdigris EMBOSS Embossing Powder along bottom edge of shrine.






SUPPLY LIST: 

IMAGINE Delicata Ink

Stipple Brush

Sponge Daubers

EMBOSS Embossing Powder

StazOn Re-inker Bottle

VersaMarker


LARGE SHIRNE KIT


Other Supplies:
Ten Seconds Studio Shrine Kit, Big Daddy Mold and VerDay Patina Spray, 8mm Copper Sheeting, Paper Stump 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog