Friday, December 4, 2015
Difficulty: Intermediate – Advanced
2. Paint both top and bottom surface with Gesso [Black or white work best.] It may take more than one coat to cover design to your satisfaction. Cover dried box top with fabric – I used White Sticky Back Canvas. Make sure to paint Gesso along the edges to prevent
6. Take Creative Medium color[s] and spread onto heavy card stock, watercolor paper or heavy Kraft paper. Allow medium to dry. Take different Snowflake die and cut numerous snowflakes from this piece of coated paper. These Snowflakes will become the decoration for the inside of the music box.
7. Take two Q-Tips and cut off cotton tops. Rub each paper stick in Memento Danube Blue ink mixed with a small amount of water. Let dry. Take some Creative Medium with your fingers and rub onto paper sticks. Cut sticks to different lengths and attach Snowflakes to
Miscellaneous: Snowflake Stencils, Snowflake Dies, Gesso, Fabric of your choice, Patterned
With the winter holidays coming soon [Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa] I designed some exciting new projects. Since the Festival of Lights, known as Hanukkah, is the first of the three major holidays, I decided to design my first 2015 card.
Here’s the card and ‘how to’ tutorial…enjoy!
1. Starting with the Papetry Ink Menorah Die from the Menorah Medley Set, run a 4″x6″ piece of watercolor paper and a second piece of plain cardstock [with the Menorah Die] through your die cut machine of choice. Place the candle and flame pieces from the die randomly onto the watercolor piece around the Menorah. Run this piece through your die cut machine a second time creating a wonderful debossed texture to your card.
Note: The second die cut is for use as a stencil for the candle and flame coloration.
2. Mix Creative Medium with the Glass Bead Texture Gel. Apply mixture generously to Menorah Stencil with Palette Knife. Carefully scrape off excess leaving a level base amount. Lift off stencil and let dry.
3. Take the piece of plain cardstock and cut off just the portion containing the candles and flames. Adhere this piece to a craft mat with washi tape. Color each candle with StazOn Studio Glaze [I also used Pico Embellishers.] When finished, use the pointed end of a VersaMark Ink Pen and rub into each candle spaces. Pour embossing powder into these spaces covering the flame holes. Undo washi tape and tap off excess embossing powder.
4. Place finished Menorah and Candle/Flame piece behind the Menorah stencil and align so that the dry Creative Medium piece and the Candles/Flames align perfectly with the open stencil parts.
5. Cut frame out of colored cardstock. Adhere frame over Menorah piece and place on card base with adhesive squares. This will leave the piece raised and add not only dimension, but visual interest to your finished care, as well. Rub Memento Dye Ink color of your choice along all four edges of the card.
• VersaMark Ink https://www,imaginecrafts.com/versamark
• irRESISTible Pico Embellisher https://www.imaginecrafts.com/irresistible
• StazOn Studio Glaze https://www.imaginecrafts.com/stazon-studio-glze-display-set
• All Purpose Ink for Fantastix https://www.imaginecrafts.com/all-purpose-ink
• Imagine Crafts Palette Knives https://www.imaginecrafts.com/shop
Papetry Ink: Menorah from the Menorah Medley die set
• Miscellaneous: Strathmore Watercolor Paper, core’dinations distress cardstock, Liquitex Glass Bead Texture Gel, Ranger Red Cinnabar Embossing Powder, Foam adhesive squares, Favorite adhesive